July 30, 2006

Remember the Vinedresser

John 15:1-11 (ESV)

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch of mine that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. "

I was meditated on the scripture which consider one of the most favourite quote. John 15... I'm pretty sure most of you who read the Bible will know right away what story I'm referring to..

Well...I read this passage many many times, but this time round I recieve a new light. (Thanks to the wonderful ESV Bible that not just full of beautiful word but meaningful as well)

As I read this passage, I'm always reminded that I can't do everything by myself...cuz' I have lots of limitations. But Christ hasn't. Phil.4:13 said "I can DO ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthen me." so in John 15, Jesus illustrated the picture of us as a disciple are the branches that need to connect to the vine which is referring to Christ Himself, if you've seen real vineyard before you would probably know what I mean. The vine in some sense acts as a source of nourishment to the branches so that I can bear a grape. In the same way, for us in order to live the life that bear much fruit for the kingdom of God, we need to abide, connect with the vine which is Jesus Christ Himself. How wonderful it is when Jesus invites us...."Come, abide in my love!!" His love is everylasting love, he's always love us and be there for us no matter what. the question is....are we choosing to abide in Christ's love? Sometimes we did not...what a sad story..

Talk about love...nowaday Love is somehow has become cliche', many people use this word without meaning it. We tend to replace the word "LUST" with "LOVE" as you can see from Hollywood shows and even your folks who live next door.

I was reminded of this guy, he's a stand alone comedian back in Thailand, once he told the story of a man who loves his car so much, but yet he never wash his beloved car!! True love must translate into action...if you love your car then wash it, care for it. If you love someone, you will show him/her in anyway that as most romantic as you can just to express your love for the person. Also the same as loving God. We need to put in action....no more talking about loving God but live it out!!

the last thing I've learned and it's so encouraging to me is this....that as long as we are the branches in the vineyard. We are still under good hands of the vinedresser. No matter how bad shape we are or not bear fruit at all, the vinedresser will do His best to cut, to prune the branch so that it could somehow bear fruit. Guess what, we have a great vinedresser which is God the Father Himself who would always taking care of you and do His best to help us dwell in His love and bear much fruit for his Kingdom, and by doing that His joy may be in us and that our joy may be full!!!

Remember the Vinedresser...He will never leave you alone... =)

No comments: