July 30, 2005

Life is not fair!

Sometimes i realize, i have said such word so many times....And yeah it is really true that life is not fair at all. I'm sure most of you would agree with that....and here are the questions...where is God in such an unfair circumstances that happen in people's lives?? Is God unfair?? So many question about God suddenly pop up. Even myself did questioning God as well. Currently I went through a lot of difficult situation that I couldn't understand why it happen to me?..Also people around me have such an experience as well. Disappointment with God...I'm sure many of you do identify with that.

Back to the question Is God unfair??? Hmm...I guess as I read the Bible throughout, one of His character that show throughout the entire Bible is that God is Just...He will bring justice to the world that's for sure. but when we talk about the fairness of God...I would say we couldn't really understand everything about God...what He think in such circumstances...He do allow something happen for His own reason which human brain could not retain that kind of understanding. Let's look at Job's life in the OT. He's obviously no idea why all this trials occured to him and his household...Did he do something wrong in God's eyes? Absolutely not..God has purpose for that....and if really study the book of Job...you will realize that the whole focus of the book is not about What's wrong with Job at all, but it's about the battle between God and Satan in the spiritual realm....Job just happen to be the subject of this battle...

God allow suffering for His reason...I certainly not know what is that reason but one thing I know for sure is that He meant it for good (Gen.50:20) we can trust Him...That's what I'm very sure about.

When I consider Jesus' life. I saw the greatest unfair event ever...that the son of God whom done no wrong have to recieve the punishment of our sins at the cross. The Christ Himself know what it mean that life is not fair...

Next time when we feel that life is so unfair...always look up to the cross of Jesus Christ. It will help us to remember the promises of God and His love that He understand what we went through and He will bring it back for good...

The great book on this topic that I would love to recommend : Disappointment With God by my favorite author Philip Yancey.


No comments: