September 28, 2007

Where The Sun Rises

I went to watch the show "Where The Sun Rises" tonight. It is a documentary film produced by the team of Singaporeans and Australians. One of them is someone I knew, that's one reason I go and watch his work.

It's the story of East Timor or Timor Leste. It's personally narrated by the President of the state, Xanana Gusmao, it's the story of the journey to independence of this youngest nation.

What touched me most of this show is not so much about how this man struggled to fight against an Indonesian occupation for 24 years, but rather how he promoting forgiveness to those who had harm this country after becoming independent nation in 2002. It is hard to forgive he said....but that's the only way to move on. Hmm....Sounds like someone I know....Yes....Jesus himself taught us that principle of forgiveness..

As i walked out of the theatre, I thought to myself, if I was him, would I be able to reconcile with the fact that this people killed my people, am I still able to love them? Am I still able to look into their eyes and say "I love you"? To shake hand with those bloody hand??

It's gonna be hard....but by grace He will help me to do so.
"Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us." - The Lord's Prayer

If you have nothing to do this weekend, this film will be something I strongly encouraged all of you to go and watch. =)

http://www.luxlucis.sg/

No comments: