February 27, 2005

Remember Mercy

This week has been a great week for me though... The Merciful God has show Himself to me again and again. On Monday our YWAM base worship we was talked about the Mercy of God throughout the entire Bible. One thing that's totally struck me most was that...on the last day....We all need Mercy from the Lord. You know what....in the book of 1 Timothy...Paul wrote to Timothy....amazingly even Paul, whom every christians probably know who he is and following with the long list of all the things taht he has done throughout the NT. He pretty high profiles disciple isn't he? But even Paul still say that I need the Mercy of God...also in 2 Timothy he did mentioned about this guy called Onesiphorus who has been faithfully serve Paul during the time he was arrested. Paul prayed that he will have the Lord's mercy on the last day.

1 Timothy 1 (ESV)
12I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service,
13though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief,
14and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
15The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.
16But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.
17To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

2 Timothy 1 (ESV)
16May the Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, for he often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chains,
17but when he arrived in Rome he searched for me earnestly and found me--
18may the Lord grant him to find mercy from the Lord on that Day!--and you well know all the service he rendered at Ephesus.

It doesn't matter how good you are, how great your ministry is.....It's all about God's mercy for you. May we all recieve His mercy on that day....!

No comments: